Job Position: NGO Public Health Project consultant
Salary: 1,500 USD Monthly Gross
Location: Trujillo, Perú
Our client, being a prestigious ONG along America is looking for a detail-oriented Public Health Project consultant with a strong experience drafting and editing professional documents. The ideal candidate will be passionate about coordinating training plans, well organized, hardworking, a good team player with the ability to multitask, work to tight deadlines, and with an advanced English level.
- Master’s Degree level in Public/Ocular Health, Project Management, MBA, International Cooperation for Development, or related fields, desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree level in Public Management, Medicine, Business Administration, Political Sciences, or related fields, required.
- Proven 3 years of working experience in similar positions. • Proven 8 years of general working experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, or Spanish Native speaker with Professional English proficiency (Level C2).
- Must be willing to travel 15% of time to Piura and Lambayeque
- The ability to interact effectively in person and in writing with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational & planning skills and a keen attention to detail: ability to effectively multi-task and manage a broad spectrum of detail-oriented responsibilities with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Detail-oriented with strong editing skills, including the ability to proof-read professional documents for spelling and grammar.
- Strong digital skills; experience with digital file management and online research preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High degree of computer literacy (Windows XP, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and the Internet).
- Identify stakeholders’ relationships, conduct stakeholder analysis of interests, and create a stakeholder register to reactivate conversations with project stakeholders and Company’s partners.
- Mapping and recruiting primary level health facilities located in Piura and Lambayeque, in collaboration with IRO, to support the design of protocols and best practices, and establish the DR medical treatment services network in the three target regions.
- Revise institutional agreements prior to signature with local health authorities for expanding the DR network to Lambayeque and Piura and adopting the DR care guidelines and norms used in La Libertad.
- Engage with the International Eye Foundation for the correct planning of quality improvement (QI) exercises at IRO and other primary/secondary network hospitals in all three regions.
- Regular and fluid communication with the national level (MoH-NCD program) while supporting IRO’s planning of advocacy activities at the regional level.
- Forming a steering committee with members of the MoH and regional health authorities for convening regularly.
- Engage with other ocular health stakeholders: Diabetes Associations and PAHO.
Clinical Services and Awareness-raising.
- Planning of led deployment of international and regional experts, through coordination with Volunteer Faculty, to deliver multidisciplinary training as well as training on DR treatment.
- Support the design of a training plan for the staff at primary level centers, encompassing counseling, DR complications, and the need for timely referrals.
- Support the design of a screening-related training course for selected clinical staff (at the secondary level) encompassing fundus photography, camera maintenance, software use, and DR image grading, in Lambayeque and Piura.
- Support IRO in the design of training content on Diabetes Mellitus (DM) and Diabetes Retinopathy referral protocols, targeted to health care staff at primary and secondary health facilities in Lambayeque and Piura, to be delivered by multidisciplinary teams.
- Support the development process of a shared Patient Information System for data collection, analytics, and reporting, across all three levels of care for supporting referrals and sharing of information with health authorities and associations.
- Support the development process of a shared SMS automated messaging System with a view to integration across all three levels of care in the DR network.
- Support the planning of led training courses on laser therapy for local ophthalmologists.
- Identify national experts on health communication for imparting training to the DR network.
- Elaborate terms of reference and support the recruitment of educational specialists with the technical capability to develop community support groups and awareness-raising campaigns on DM prevention, management, and complications, in consultations with Aprovida’a network of clubs and GERESA.
- Design a project management work plan, including schedule, procurement, and M&E plans, ahead of the project implementation.
- Support other narrative documents related to project planning.
- Support the establishment of a project management board.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly project reports, when applicable. Project Operations and procurement
- Coordinate the necessary preparations with the Supply Chain Department and international customs process for major equipment donations for screening and treatment in the hospitals of Lambayeque and Piura.
- Elaborate a procurement plan and obtain initial quotes from local suppliers for laser equipment donations for secondary hospitals.
- Process invoices and wire transfer payments, supply chain management, and preparation of official documents. Logistic and Administrative tasks
- Schedule quarterly meetings with representatives of the DR health facilities, regional NCD, and Ocular coordinators in La Libertad, Lambayeque, and Piura.
- Schedule and prepare other online and in-person meetings and distribute meeting minutes when needed.
- Oversight of funds transfer requisites for approvals by regional health authorities, in compliance with the rules and regulations of Peru.
What we offer
- Opportunity to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
- 100% remote work environment.
- 4 months contract.
- Working with international clients in both English and Spanish.