The Accounting Team, part of Biz Latin Hub Colombia, offers an explanation on income tax statements in Colombia.
Colombian Taxation – Do I need to pay income tax in Colombia?
- Was your gross income earned in 2015 equal to or in excess of $39 591 000?
- Were your gross assets up to December 31, 2015 higher than $127 256 000?
- During the fiscal year 2015 did you make purchases and/or spend cash, credit cards, loans or any other means of payment for goods such as houses, apartments, lots, vehicles etc. over $ 79 181 000
- Did you deposit money in your bank accounts or financial investments during 2015 which were over $ 127 256 000
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you are required to pay income tax in Colombia.
What documents do I need?
Once you know that you need to file an income tax return, it is recommended that you obtain the following documents:
- Income statement from the previous year
- Photocopy of RUT
- Copies of bank statements
- Certification from banks regarding your financial returns and balances
- Details of real estate, vehicle tax, property tax
- Details of all assets purchased in the year including stocks, investments or companies
- Documents & certificates of other financial institutions such as CDT, term deposits, trusts, investments, etc
- Details of accounts payable and receivable
- Certificates of pension funds, balances of voluntary contributions and financial returns
- Certificates of income and withholding payments for labor
- Certificates of withholding income from different sources than labor
How can the Biz Latin Hub help?
If you do not have all the documents, there is no problem. However, remember that paying less tax depends of how complete your documentation is. It is important to file your income tax return on time. Completing the return outside of the established dates can lead to penalties. If you have any questions or need help completing your income statement, contact Biz Latin Hub. Our team of accountants can help you with your tax reporting through the provision of tailored and affordable accounting services. Get in touch with us now.
Or learn more about our team and expert authors.
The information provided here within should not be construed as formal guidance or advice. Please consult a professional for your specific situation. Information provided is for informative purposes only and may not capture all pertinent laws, standards, and best practices. The regulatory landscape is continually evolving; information mentioned may be outdated and/or could undergo changes. The interpretations presented are not official. Some sections are based on the interpretations or views of relevant authorities, but we cannot ensure that these perspectives will be supported in all professional settings.